The horrible moment when your alarm wakes you up and you just don’t understand why it was set.
This happened to me this morning. My alarm went off at 05:00am as I had set it the previous night. I woke up, turned it off and then had to have a think for a couple of minutes of why I needed to be awake.
Was it the weekend?
Am I at work?
What am I meant to be doing?
So then after the confusion I realised that it was Friday and I had to do a long day at work. BAD TIMES!
I do feel now that I’m starting to feel more comfortable with everyone at work and I feel like I’m starting to be more of my self rather than the odd Joanne that appears shy and quiet as I am actually far from that.
So I’m going to sum up my first week as a nurse in bullet points:
- I’ve written notes for everyone
- I’ve painted a mans nails – badly
- I’ve been on my first ever ramble – this is just a walk really
- I’ve learnt where the shops are
- I’ve witnessed a man walking in very tall, white prostitute style shoes
So starting as a nurse is deffinatly different to how I imagined it to begin with.